Ad unit creation
- Give new widgets at least 30 minutes to load before placing them on the site.
- By default, all widgets are responsive and will fit given space entirely. “Fixed width” is not recommended.
- Under article placement tends to show the highest performance possible. It is recommended to keep 3-4 images in a row.
- Name your widget by placement, eg: “Under Article”, “Sidebar’ etc. to keep track of their performance.
- Use 1 image in a row for sidebar placement.
- Use different titles for the widget. You have an option from “Promoted Content” to “Check this out” in widget creation window.
- Most effective font size is between 14 px and 16 px
- Most effective image size is 328x328px for square images and 492x328px for rectangular.
- Match the widget’s design to the website’s design. But always show the user that the content in the widget is sponsored.
- Use no more than 3 different widgets on the same page.
- Keep the widget as close to the actual content as possible.
- Avoid using native ads in banner placements.
- Always place ads above comment section.
- Check if the website has a mobile version and make sure that the widget displays properly on both mobile and desktop versions of the website.
- Using only 1 widget? Add another widget to the sidebar or your header section!
- Make sure to also place the ad unit on mobile version of the site.
- Always pay attention to visibility ratio. When Visibility is below 75%, consider moving the ad unit closer to actual content of the page to not loose ad impressions.
- Visibility of the widget might be affected by placement on the mobile site. Make sure everything looks good there.
- Increase the number of rows in the widget to boost your RPMs.
- Analyze your stats by days. When making any changes, always check the detailed statistics by days to see actual changes.
- Request stats with country breakdown by widget from your manager or support team for even more data for analysis.
- Visit “Payouts” page for all of your payment related questions at https://dashboard.mgid.com/publishers/payouts
- Make sure you put your payment details by the end of your first month in order to get paid without any delays.
- Track your payments status on the “Payouts” page of the Publishers section.