Making News By Yourself. Part Two. Useful Tips.
In this part we have some good tips for you to make your news more attractive:
– Title Categorematic Words Should be From Caps
– Try to use questions in the title. The reader well responds to HOW? Questions (e.g. How did Donald Trump become so rich? How to Become Successful? How to Lose Weight Fast?) or WHY? Questions (e.g. Why Desn’t She Love You? Why Do People Sneeze?)
– Use actual problem answers in the title –Where to Get Windows7 Cool Themes or No More Rumors: iPhone 5 In September!
– Use predictions & analytics titles – Dollar falls against major currencies, Russian Market Shareto Rise
– When making news about celebs try to use really popular people – Victoria Beckham, Lindsay Lohan, Angelina Jolie, the Kardashians, Robert Pattinson, Megan Fox etc. (Indian celebs: Aishwarya Rai, Priyanka Chopra, Katrina Kaif, Kareena Kapoor)
– Use The X-FILES articles: The Truth Behihnd UFO!| Alien Corpse Recovered From UFO Crash Site| Top 10 MostUnbelievable Ghost Cases | Yeti Really Exists!| Amazing Ghostly Creatures Of The Deep Sea!
– Feel free to use bright adjectives, epithets, metaphors, figures of speech and idioms – “falling in love,” “racking our brains,” “hitting a sales target,” “climbing the ladder of success”; wonderful; miraculous; amazing; strange; astonishing; extraordinary; marvellous; prodigious; surprising; electric; portentous; remarkable; marvelous; astounding; unco; striking; breath-taking; controversial; horrifying; shocking; scandalize; mind-blowing; astounding, disturbing, flabbergasting, disquieting etc.
– Try to select interesting and unusual photos. E.g. “This Situation Tends to Screw Jennifer Aniston!” Pick the photo of thoughtful & preoccupied Aniston on it.
– Funny pics need to be really FUNNY!
– Use before and after themes/pics of EVERYTHING – weightloss, musclegain, plasticsurgery, celebrities, animals, people, photoshopetc
– Titles should be incomplete & intriguing. Here is not interesting title example – Barack Obama Has Been Awarded the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize. The thing is you get all the information from the title. Here is a good way of titling this news – Nobel Peace Prize 2009 Laureate Was Announced
– People are interested in everything that is out standing, so widget will be popular, if you will stress the uniqueness of the subject in the headline. E.g.The Most Luxurious Hotel in the World, Unique Golden Tiger!, The Most Famous Lion In Movie History!, Top 10 Volcanic Relationships
– Pay attention to the current events – recent political summits, the latest movie/game/auto/cell phone releases, the latest celebs rumors etc. More common events: Saint Valentine’s Day, Christmas etc.
That’s all for the moment. Now, when you’re familiar with news making basics you can make a try and contact your manager. Remember that in most cases making news by yourself can really help to achieve good results and gain more traffic. Also it’s good for those bloggers who like to control the whole process.
In next part we’ll talk about news pictures and importance to choose the best picture.