Using MGID Flexible Widget (With installation mini-manual)
The flexible widget is a simple original widget which is stretching through your sidebar to the bottom (or in a desirable range), automaticly adding required amounts of news to fill all available space.
Let's sum up some advantages of the MGID Flexible widget:
- unlimited number of news articles shown (limited only by the height of your page space)
- feeds the space which is vacant but potentially useful
- vast variety of news categories that could be shown simultaneously because of the news quantity
- flexible adjustment next to family-friendly content and designed like an original web-page.
Hot to install the Flexible Widget?
Once you request MGID News Flexible widget you will be provided with the widget code, which contains the script itself, and the stretching tag.
To install the Flexible widget you should insert the main part of the code wherever the widget starts. Nine times out of ten this place is the end of the sidebar area/column section.
The other part - the stretching tag - should be put wherever one wants the widget should be ended. Generally its the footer area or just the bottom of the page.
Main part of the code:
To see how Flexible Widget looks like on website check out this Example
Unlike the simple vertical widget (which is actually limited) this type of widget spans practically the whole free space in the section where it is placed. This allows you to get more page views, clicks and visitors respectively.
Unfortunately there are no "golden rules" of how to write a 100% good and interesting article for a blog, but there are a couple of things you need to know to make your results better & process easier.
1. Make a list of what you would like to share in your article. It will make your message more consistent and meaningful. The list will also help avoid confusion in the formulations.
2. Make an article quite short. A lot of material can fear away your reader. (But it should be understandable anyway)
3. Tell at least something from your own experience. Add examples to make material more understandable and give it some personality. For example, when I was getting ready to write this post, first I created a list of things to speak about as it was mentioned before. First it was like this:
- make a list - short article - own experience - list article - series article - freebies
and then I started to fill this list with explanations. As for me, this is the easier way to compile an article.
4. Let pictures appear among the text! It will make post much interesting.
5. Sometimes it's better to make a list article. The post written this way becomes more informative or entertaining. And headlines like "Top 10 Things You Can Do With Your Hands" or "Best 7 Tips To Write A Good Article" would likely attract readers.
6. Series article is also a great idea. Good series will extend the number of returning visits. You can see that any well-done blog includes at least one or two series of posts (it could be "Daily Funny Pictures", "Monday Tips" or "Weekend Video Collection"). All you need is to simply make your series unique, interesting or useful and post them in time and readers will follow your updates.
7. Freebies or giveaways. Free material that describes the solutions to some problems, a detailed explanation of some topics or anything from design stuff like icons or templates will surely attract people. You just need to spend a few weeks to write such material. Even the smallest 10-20 pages can be fateful. And the psychological aspect of "free material" plays a great role here!
In this post we'll find out how unique, great, admirable content can be compiled.
There are 5 rules, let's take a look:
It's all about information, useful information. Don't even try to sell something to your reader because he won't return ever again. Give only desirable information – the most expensive recourse of our days, and visitors will come over again and again for more.
Don't be another junk blog that steals real content to earn a few bucks. Yes it's quite difficult to create unique content and bring a consistent voice and personality to it but you will soon be rewarded with reader's loyalty. After all, isn't it a good feeling when you're doing something yourself like a professional? Nothing comes free, everything should be learned. Just try, start with a little amount of content and then grow your abilities to write and become independent professional blogger with your own unique content!
Once again - headline is everything. Statistics say that only 20% of all readers will read the rest of the article. The huge amount of 80% reads only headline. So, headline should be as informative as possible! Also it should not be very long and with article's keywords at the beginning. As an example, let's take the headline of this article - "Building Remarkable Content - 5 Golden Rules". See? The keywords - "building" and "content" stand in the first place. Others are additional information and frippery... I think that in some of the future articles we'll talk more about headlines.
4. SEO in mind
In previous article, we mentioned about the role that SEO plays in the process of site promotion. In few words - it almost doesn't matter how good and unique your content and headline are, if reader can't find them through the search engines - they're useless. Sad but true.
5. Respect the reader
ALWAYS think about your readers! Imagine that you're common reader of your own blog and try to analyze how relevant your content is. When you create content that both benefits your readers and makes them feel good, you’ll find that your marketing goals become a lot more achievable.
Now remember these rules and get to work! You can do it!
Today, we are going to talk about one simple and efficient tool known by almost everyone – search engine optimization (SEO). With a little statistics and facts you’ll find out why SEO is so popular and why you must use it to make your blog popular.
So... Why SEO?
Here is some statistics:
- 84% of all Internet visitors constantly use search engines to find information
- 87% of search engine users never look further then 1st page of results
- 76% of all Internet users believe that search engines are the only way to access necessary information
- 76% of all Internet users decide what to buy while searching
Certainly, many people understand that website optimization for search engines is very important if you want to succeed online. However, most developers still do not know what exactly SEO does and what its purpose is.
If you don’t know its goals, site optimization can cost you too much and you won’t get a desirable result.
What is the purpose of optimizing your site for search engines?
The purpose of SEO is to attract new customers to your website. Optimization is needed for finding the right people, finding potential customers who may be interested in your services.
What isn't the purpose of SEO?
SEO’s purpose isn’t the coverage of all possible keywords. Many people try to get the highest possible rank for as many keywords as possible, but it’s a huge amount of work, and a useless waste of time.
The amount of keywords with the help of which your web-site can be found doesn’t matter. All that’s important is to make your site “visible” for search engines so it could be found if you enter the right keywords. This way your visitors won’t be accidental.
How to improve the results of SEO?
1. Make your web pages compelling
This is a very important step. If you do not have the information necessary for your target audience, then why should you spend your time on attracting visitors? Your pages should turn visitors into buyers!
2. Find the right keywords
Find the keywords which are necessary for your site. Google Trends and Google Insights will help you with this task. (After you find these keywords, you can also use them for pay per click (PPC) proposed by Google and Yahoo).
3. Optimize your pages using the chosen keywords
So, you have the right keywords and now you should optimize your pages using them. While PPC allows you to check how these words work, optimizing your pages will allow you to get visitors for free!
Optimizing your site for search engines will give you amazing results if you focus on achieving the right goals! Focus on your target audience & choose the right keywords which best reflect your services and products.
Just try to make your blog more recognizable for search engines and the number of visitors will start growing!