Cost Per Action or CPA (sometimes known as Pay Per Action or PPA) is an online advertising pricing model, where the advertiser pays for each specified action (a purchase, a form submission etc) linked to the advertisement. This model proved itself useful among thousands of publishers worldwide. MGID traffic which is being sold on a CPC basis, perfectly suits CPA-type promotions. Using our service, publishers have a marvelous opportunity for additional income.
We have created the complete CPA guide to help bloggers and publishers master this valuable tool.
1) Minimum package and restrictions of a CPA-offer
2) Launch of CPA campaign
3) Optimization of CPA campaign
4) Scaling-up CPA campaigns
5) Managing MGID wallet
6) Teaser creation and editing guide
Wonder how to find out if it's time to scale up?
1) If you have found a good offer – scale-up. Inform your account manager about the planed volumes.
a. When you’ve found an offer that has a positive ROI tendency – scale-up the campaign. Inform your account manager about the budget you plan for it.
2) Make sure that there are sufficient funds in your MGID-wallet.
3) Ensure that you understand the system of auction bidding:
4) Consult your account manager. Experienced and dedicated MGID professionals will create compelling teasers for you. Please remember that each campaign needs to be updated with new teasers. Optimization is performed to help you understand which teasers are better, and why. Optimization allows you to monitor tendencies, and eventually make every teaser and the campaign profitable.
5) Get profit and enjoy!
- Please know! Raising bids is done immediately, while lowering the bid is done once a day, at 12 AM PST/PDT (Pacific Time – Los Angeles).
- If you’ve got creative ads ideas for your campaign, then feel free to make teasers yourself! This option is available in the “Ads” section of the MGID Dashboard. Just click “Add the ad” link.
Each campaign needs to be updated with new teasers. Optimization is performed to help you understand which teasers are better, and why. To make you see the tendency, and eventually make every teaser and the campaign profitable.
1) Give your campaign some time to show the results. You can evaluate the efficiency of campaign not earlier than after 3-5 thousands of clicks.
2) Analyze the teasers in your campaign. Find those, which get clicks without any conversion (“detracting teasers”) and block them, so they won’t “eat” your budget. Thus traffic after optimization will be delivered through “attracting teasers” (those which attract conversions).
Please mind that minimal amount of clicks per teaser to make a decision regarding its efficiency is 150.
3) Define Income per Teaser (IPT) with help of the following formula:
4) Analyze the results of calculation:
5) Apply changes, unblock the campaign (or ask your manager to do this) and wait 3-5 thousand clicks to be delivered to get the results of optimization.
6) After you got the results, make a complete analysis of the offer. If the conversion rate didn’t improve since the optimization and each unblocked teaser’s IPT is lower than its CPC, then we suggest finding another offer.
- Please remember at the stage of optimization you shouldn’t delete teasers because it’s irreversible. Just block them.
- Minimal amount of clicks per teaser to make a decision regarding its efficiency is 150.
- Remember to use MGID delivered clicks statistics, for analysis purposes, as the budget you spend on the campaign is based on MGID statistics.
- You might find it difficult to get a positive ROI during the whole test campaign, however watch the tendency! If the ROI is going up since the optimization, then it’s going to bring you above the red line eventually and the offer will soon get you profit you’re expecting.
Follow a step-by-step guide below to get started:
1) Choose the offer which you would like to advertise. Make sure that the region in which this offer is accessible, corresponds to the available GEO-targeting.
2) Consult your account manager regarding the current recommended bid and if the particular offer can be promoted in the desired region (e.g. online gambling is prohibited for advertising in USA, and several other regions).
3) Use direct referral links which allow to insert each teaser’s ID (subID=). It lets you track conversion and profit for each teaser in dashboard of your affiliate network.
"s1=*******" – variable where you can put teasers’ ID.
"subid=521130" - variable where you can put teasers’ ID.
Screen from user’s dashboard (PeerFly). You can see teasers ID, conversion and EPC.
4) Check if everything is ready:
5) Sign the IO, which your account manager will provide you with.
6) Make the first payment (pre-pay) and your account manager will create and launch your campaign.
7) Give your campaign some time to show the results. You can evaluate the efficiency of campaign not earlier than after 3-5 thousands of clicks. Consult your manager if getting the mentioned amount of clicks will take more time than expected.
1) Log in to your dashboard and enter MGID wallet
2) Figure out the funds available for advertising. The “Fill up” button allows you to top up your balance immediately without asking your account-manager for an invoice. Please keep in mind that by using MGID-Wallet you automatically agree to TOS.
3) Specify the amount you want to pay , the currency and decide whether you want to make the payment with PayPal or via Google Checkout.
4) MGID-Wallet also allows you to fully track the financial history of your account.